Sculpture at Scenic World Photo competition 2016 –
Terms & Conditions
- Information on the Competition and how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. By entering the Competition you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of the Competition promoter (Katoomba Scenic Railway Pty Ltd T/A Scenic World), which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. The Competition and these conditions of entry are void where prohibited by law. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the Sculpture at Scenic World website at www.sculptureatscenicworld.com.au2. The promoter is Katoomba Scenic Railway Pty Ltd. T/A Scenic World of 1 Violet St, Katoomba, NSW 2780.3. Employees of Scenic World, their subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to apply for this Competition. Exhibiting artists of Sculpture at Scenic World 2016 are also ineligible to apply.
- The Competition entries can be submitted from 9:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC + 10) on April 8, 2016 and entries close at midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST, UTC +10) on May 8, 2016. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by Scenic World and Scenic World records are conclusive as to the time of receipt. All dates are subject to change if necessary in Scenic World’s discretion.
- How to enter:
Step 1: Take a photo of your favourite outdoor artwork exhibited at Sculpture at Scenic World 2016, or as part of the Rock On exhibition .
Step 2: Upload your best photo of your favourite artwork to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashatg #Scenicsculpture and tell us what you love about it. (Instagram privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ for us to retrieve your photo)
- Only entries submitted via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter platforms and which are appropriately hashtagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works. Multiple entries are allowed.
- One winner will be chosen by our panel of judges deemed to be the most creative from those photos that have been uploaded and hashtagged correctly #Scenicsculpture.
- Judging will take place on Tuesday 10 May 2016 at 10.00am (AEST) at Scenic World, 1 Violet St, Katoomba. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or promoter.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual internet service provider.
- Use of images:
11.1 All images published on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with #Scenicsculpture. may be moderated and displayed on the Sculpture at Scenic World website and associated social media channels. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
11.2 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree your images can be broadcast and shared via digital and social platforms or printed for physical events for Sculpture at Scenic World promotional use.
11.3 We have an agreement with each artist in the exhibition that Scenic World can use images of their work to promote Sculpture at Scenic World. This applies to all non-commercial uses of images of artists’ works.
11.4 Given that all copyright in the sculptures remain with the artist this necessarily means that although you have copyright in the images you take, you do not have an automatic right to use those images without the artist’s approval. As such it is important to note that you do not have the right to sell any of the images without the consent of both the artist and Scenic World.
11.5. We encourage entrants to be respectful to the artists participating in Sculpture at Scenic World 2016 and mindful of their moral rights by crediting the artist and the artwork, but this is not essential and non-credited images will not be excluded from the competition.
- The Competition Winner will be notified by their nominated social media channel and will be published on the Scenic World Facebook page by Friday May 2, 2016.
- If any Prize Winner is not immediately identifiable or contactable Scenic World will make reasonable efforts to identify and/or contact the Prize winner. If the Prize winner has not accepted the prize within 5 days, the next best entry will be selected as the Prize Winner.14. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected mail or any errors or failures in internet or other communications. Scenic World reserves the right to cancel or modify the Competition promotion if, in its sole discretion, the administration of the Competition promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the Competition Prize Winner from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
- The Prize Winner agrees that acceptance of the prize is conditional upon compliance with all relevant laws, rules and regulations and upon the Prize Winner releasing Scenic World, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for any personal injury or other loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) suffered in connection with the acceptance or use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Scenic World reserves the right to disqualify the Prize Winner at its absolute discretion in the event of non-compliance or the failure to provide such releases.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under state regulation.
- The Prize Winner will receive a mini ipad 3. Scenic World will post the prize to the Prize Winner’s nominated address. The Prize Winner is responsible for any other costs associated with accepting the prize including but not limited to any internet hosting or data packages.
- Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of terms and conditions of the entrant’s chosen social media platform on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.